Saturday, October 6, 2012

You Are... Beautiful

 “There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a person being themselves. Imagine going through your day being unapologetically you.” –Steve Maraboli
As you may recall, yesterday I wrote about being unique. You may also remember that I mentioned that we are in our skin for a lifetime, and we may as well get used to it, or perhaps even love it. Being unique, and accepting the differences we have from others, is one of the first steps to seeing yourself as a beautiful person. Notice I said seeing yourself as beautiful, not having others see you as beautiful.
 Others will either see you as lovely, or they will criticize you; but, no matter what those people say or think, only we can make ourselves feel beautiful. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
This quote from Steve Maraboli is truly inspiring. All too often, we feel pressure to change who we are according to the people we’re around, or the situation we’re faced with, in the hope that others will see us as beautiful, smart, etc. But, beauty is found in our differences. When you no longer feel like you have to apologize for who you are, you take on a whole new form of beauty.
I’m going to make a reference to The Princess Diaries for the second time this week. This movie is brilliant and deserves as many references as I can make!  There’s a song in the movie that says, “What makes you different, makes you beautiful.” This is so, so very true. I’d rather be a first rate me, than a second rate someone else. Wouldn’t you?
My mom showed me this brilliant saying. I’m so blessed to have such a great mom who sees me as beautiful, even when I feel far from it.

Embrace your “youness!!!” Because, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.
Feel Free to Quote Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment