Friday, October 5, 2012

You Are... Unique

“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” –Dr. Seuss
Right off the bat, I think you all should know that Dr. Seuss is my hero. And this quote is a perfect example of why. How is it, that in children’s literature, I seem to find the most inspiring and empowering ideas?
Who are you today? You. Do you look exactly like the person sitting next to you? No; and even if you do, like if you’re sitting by your identical twin, you still aren’t the exact same person as them.
I’m going to quote the great Dr. Seuss yet again. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!” And, why would we ever want it any other way?
When I was little, I used to picture what it would be like to be someone else. Who would I be? Where would I live? But, after the daydream, I was still just me, living my life. But, that’s not really a bad thing.
We’re in our skin for a life time; we might as well get used to it, and possibly even love it.
In a world where you can be anyone you want, why not be yourself?
You are unique!  Let’s take the opportunity to create ourselves the way we always wanted, in our own unique way.
Feel Free to Quote Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment